#Microblog Mondays – Morning Musings

Mornings are special times, aren’t they? Quiet, peaceful, full of energy and optimism – heralding the beginning of  a brand new day.

When the twins came along all the peace and quiet was replaced by adventure and suspense. And if you ask why – well then that simply implies you don’t have kids. The dash for the school bus is something that needs to be experienced not explained. It has very little to do with how early I wake up the kids. They can get ready in half hour flat or dawdle about taking thrice that time. Some days we are really early and then we put on music and forget about the bus and then … yeah that same dash.

Then there are morning alarm issues. There are days I wake up before the alarm rings and lie waiting for it. Such bliss!! That lazy time before I hear it go. Or there are the times, the not-so-good-times, when I switch the alarm off with no recollection of doing so. Thank Goodness for the sun (and for my large east facing windows) that comes calling, jolting me awake.

Last week was bizarre. My phone set itself to Myanmar time (Don’t ask how. These android touch phones quite have a mind of their own and tend to be temperamental). I jumped up right as it rang and after I’d wrapped up all my chores and was about to wake up the kids I realised there was a full hour to go! There I sat mourning my one hour of lost sleep.

Don’t get me wrong – I like mornings. I love them. There’s just one small catch – the waking up. That kind of takes away all the fun. If only there was any other way to begin a morning than waking up!

So what’s your morning like? The ‘newspaper and tea’ variety or the ‘hurry hurry hurry’ kind?

Linking to # Microblog Mondays hosted by Mel at Stirrup Queens where we’re talking about life hacks. Do stop by and share a tip.

29 thoughts on “#Microblog Mondays – Morning Musings

• January 31, 2015 at 8:28 am

Oh, yes mornings are beautiful, serene, satisfying! Days go productive when you wake up early but…but I rarely get chance to witness the bliss of mornings. I am a complete night owl 🙂

• January 31, 2015 at 3:28 am

My mornings are pretty hectic too a 5 minute dawdle here and there can start a mad dash. Lucky your phone was set to Myanmar and not to a place behind IST.

• January 31, 2015 at 5:51 am

Oh yes Suzy, I didn't think of that. That would have been disastrous.

• January 29, 2015 at 2:07 pm

mine is rush rush rushhhhh.. if i dont leave home by 7:45 my work route will take over hour and half.. but before that its only half hour journey .. I get late at night os cant get up too early tooo 🙂

so you can imagine when the alarm goes offf … i wish i could pick it and smash it against hte wall

Bikram's

• January 30, 2015 at 4:07 am

Hey hey Bikram – save that clock. Spare the alarm. :-D.

• January 29, 2015 at 11:39 am

If you find another way let me know … I always end up running after the train… it's so difficult to wake up 🙂

• January 30, 2015 at 4:04 am

Oh I've been there too when I was in Bombay. What a rush!

• January 29, 2015 at 10:46 am

hahaha…this one cracked me..reminded me of a similar post I'd written a long while back. And, the dash to the school bus..tell me about it! Now, awaiting the post about the mystery settings to Myanmar time!

• January 30, 2015 at 3:44 am

Send me the link please. Always a pleasure to interact with a likeminded soul. As for Myanmar – no story there. It's a mystry – the phone did it.

• January 29, 2015 at 7:51 am

Ha ha…I would love to get up an hour earlier – by mistake! Dogs come with inbuilt alarm systems that go 'walk, walk', so you can guess how we start our day! 😉

• January 30, 2015 at 3:43 am

There, that's another reason to not have a dog! On a serious note – I'm glad he pulls you out for that walk. Once you're up, mornings can be a great was to start your day :-).

• January 29, 2015 at 5:43 am

Me too, a suffering mom. So, I wake up cursing the alarm and rushing to send the kids off.

• January 30, 2015 at 3:42 am

Well.. the weekend's here. Have a long lazy morning Rachna.

• January 28, 2015 at 5:02 pm

I'm a mom too so the newspaper and tea stage are long gone!! And, I'm not even a morning person so the weekdays are torture!

• January 29, 2015 at 5:15 pm

It's the same story for everyone then!

• January 28, 2015 at 2:13 pm

My morning begins with me cursing and having a conversation with myself that it would really be okay to drop yoga for one morning. I do not do well in the mornings. Neither do the kids. We're slow. We're always late. They're talking about moving up the start time for school, which will only make us later.

• January 28, 2015 at 12:05 pm

I bet you set it to Myanmar time on purpose 😉 Just to lord it over the others when they woke up later than you did 😀 But, sigh, I have to agree with you. As much as I have enjoyed the idea of sleeping early, I just cannot enjoy waking up. Those blankets own me and call me their soulmate!

• January 28, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Lord it over vs one hour of sleep?? The sleep wins hands down. Oh I know the call of the blankets.

• January 28, 2015 at 6:14 am

My morning begins when my maid rings the bell…Ohh I feel so lazy to even get out of bed…

• January 28, 2015 at 8:43 am

Give her a key Naba and lie back till she gets you a cup of tea..

• January 28, 2015 at 3:17 am

Seriously, how did you manage to set your phone to Myanmar time 🙂 That can make material for a post by itself 😉

• January 28, 2015 at 8:43 am

Oh I can do things like that. You should hear the stuff my phone does, actually. When I was new with it, it would send smses to people on its own. Once it called the electrician some 5 times. And he was wondering why he was receiving so many missed callas from me. But like you said, that's another post!!

• January 27, 2015 at 5:14 pm

My mornings are all about staying in bed just as long as I possibly can! I am definitely NOT a morning person… so thankfully I don't have to start work until 11:00 a.m.!

• January 27, 2015 at 4:06 pm

I enjoyed reading about your morning routine and how it doesn't matter when the kids get up, they still run for the bus. How I remember those days! These days my mornings are more leisurely and I start them by guzzling lots and lots of coffee and checking out Facebook and email. Only problem is I check it out for too long and time just whizzes by. How does it do that?

• January 27, 2015 at 5:10 pm

I know what you mean. Facebook simple gobbles up time. I envy you your peaceful mornings.

• January 27, 2015 at 3:21 pm

My mornings are more like I am hurrying for college with my mom shouting, asking me to eat before I leave 😀 😉

• January 27, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Oho so it's you at the other end of the shout. Be a good girl Swathi – don't make her do that.